Wednesday, May 9, 2012

We should have to rotate our responses from week to week in order to be fair

My favorite thing about this class was our discussions. I loved reading my blog responses. Everyone in class is so encouraging and friendly. It was almost like a little secret getaway from my husband and kids where I could have short exchanges with others that were sharing in my class experience. My least favorite thing about the class was noticing when others did not have comments on their blogs. I don’t know if they cared, but I did. I tried to visit everyone’s blog at least once throughout the course. I know that our responses were not structured in this way because there is no way of ensuring that students are going to do the assigned postings, but I do believe that there is a way to better ensure that no one is being left out. Maybe students should have to respond to three different classmates from the previous week. Even if they just go back and forth between six blogs, this would be better than having them visit their favorite three all semester long. In this way, students have a better chance of not being overlooked as often. I don’t know, maybe it's just the mom in me wanting everyone to get a turn. J

2 comments:

  1. First off, I would like to tell you that you are just wonderful! Like you, I really enjoyed doing our class weekly discussions as well! I thought that most of them were really interesting to answer/discuss and the fact that I was able to see how others’ inputs and thoughts were for these questions was certainly interesting. However, I do feel like some of the classmates only answer their discussions questions for the class credit and simply does not care about the well-beings of others. It would be very nice to see classmates commenting on the work of others, but I can understand why it is very rare for the whole ‘rotation’ comments to happen. I am saying that because I do believe that students in this class took it online so that they do not have to do a lot of work and have more freedom in choosing who they would want to comment each week. Personally, I have no problems of commenting on different classmates blogs each week, since I like to be diverse about the answers that are available to me and it is very intriguing to see what others have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right about having responses be rotated between blogs. I also like how you are one of the few people that actually reads comments that are left on your blog. I have to admit that I don't always get around to reading mine, because most people don't leave them until the last minute on Sunday. I think this class would benefit from having to respond to comments instead of just posting three different ones on three different blogs. I also noticed that I do comment mostly on the same blogs just because I know that those people write their part earlier, which means I can get to finish my things early too.

    ReplyDelete