Wednesday, April 25, 2012

In 50 years marriage will be...

I believe that the majority of marriages will be separate type relationships where independence is an important priority. With both men and women in the workforce, we are beginning to see a new kind of marriage relationship where self reliance is the norm. Divorce is becoming more common and people are not as closed minded as they once were. I believe that gay marriages will be as common as interracial marriages (these relationships were once taboo also but have rightfully gained acceptance in society). The next generation will grow up in a society that is more accepting of one another’s choices. I predict that many people will embrace the idea that life is short and that happiness should be top priority. I do not think that people will invest as much in difficult marriages knowing that second or third marriages are always an option. I think that in the next upcoming fifty years we will see a more lax approach to the sanctity of marriage, but I may be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment